- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: Makes 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI needed to be salt free and I used cans of Creamy Soup in my favorite recipes. I could not give it up and the Low Sodium brands were not low enough. So I went online and found several that had too much salt so I combine some of the lowest salt recipes and came up with this salt free mix that is great. Please play with the recipe to make it your own.
- 2 Cups Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Salt Free Bouillon Granules (I use Herb-Ox)
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley Falkes
- 3 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Celery flakes (or celery seeds)
- 1 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram
- 1/8 tsp Pepper (white or black)
- In an airtight container combine all ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. (mine never lasted that long)
- To use as a substitute for a can of Condensed Cream of Anything Soup:
- Whisk 2/3 Cup water with 3 Tbsp Soup Mix.
- Simmer until thickened & bubbly, stirring occasionally. OR
- Microwave, uncovered on high for 2 to 3 minutes whisking occasionally.
- To use in a recipe that calls for a can of soup just add 1/4 cup of mix to the broth, etc.
- Please feel free to experiment and change the amount you use to your liking.
- Mushroom: 1/4 to 1/2 C sauteed mushrooms
- Celery: chopped celery to your liking or Celery Salt, Flakes, Whatever
- Potato: 1 C Diced potatoes, cooked
- Chicken: 1/2 C diced chicken Cooked
- Vegetable: 3/4 C mixed vegetables cooked
- Broccoli: 1 c chopped broccoli cooked
- Asparagus: 1 c chopped asparagus cooked
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More