- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: Depends on dogs size
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup dry non fat milk
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup plain wheat germ (found in the cereal isle of your store)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 jars (any flavor) meat baby food.
- Combine and mix all ingredients well and turn onto floured board. Roll into about a 1/4 inch thickness, cut into desired shapes and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, turn over and bake about another 5 minutes.
- Cool completely then treat your pet.
- Serve with a fresh bowl of water.
- For older pets who need a softer cookie make them thicker and bake a few minutes less.
- Young dogs who like crunchy cookies, thinner cookies.
NotesWay back in the 80's my neighbor (Kathy) made these for my then Cock-a-poo mix, Muffin. She made them for her clients every year. Muffin loved them so then she sheared her recipe and I began my journey into dog treat baking. Thank you Kathy !
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Simple Homemade Favorites
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More