- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: Depends on dogs size
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
BackstoryWay back in the 80's my neighbor (Kathy) made these for my then Cock-a-poo mix, Muffin. She made them for her clients every year. Muffin loved them so then she sheared her recipe and I began my journey into dog treat baking. Thank you Kathy !
- 1/2 cup dry non fat milk
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup plain wheat germ (found in the cereal isle of your store)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 jars (any flavor) meat baby food.
- Combine and mix all ingredients well and turn onto floured board. Roll into about a 1/4 inch thickness, cut into desired shapes and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, turn over and bake about another 5 minutes.
- Cool completely then treat your pet.
- Serve with a fresh bowl of water.
- For older pets who need a softer cookie make them thicker and bake a few minutes less.
- Young dogs who like crunchy cookies, thinner cookies.