- Cooking Time: 6-8
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 60
BackstoryI use a pasta machine for "rolling" out and cutting the dough, but this can be done by hand also. These are delicious and worth the time and trouble of making them.
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. soft butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine the flour with salt. Make a well in the center and add the milk, soft butter and milk. Work the flour into the dry ingredients, using your hands.
- Knead dough until smooth, adding a little more flour if too sticky, for about 5 minutes.
- Cover dough and allow to rest 10-15 minutes.
- Using your pasta machine, begin rolling small pieces of dough starting at the thickest setting and gradually working toward a thinner setting (number 6 on my machine). I don't use the very thinnest setting. Then cut into desired strips (I use the pasta machine to cut into fettuccini size strips).
- Continue this process until all the dough is prepared and cut.
- Alternately, you can roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness or thinner and cut as desired .
- Allow strips of dough to air dry 30 minutes or so, tossing them with a little flour so they don't stick.
- Cook in boiling salted water until tender, which is usually less time than the pre-packaged variety.