- Cooking Time: 6-8
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 60
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. soft butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine the flour with salt. Make a well in the center and add the milk, soft butter and milk. Work the flour into the dry ingredients, using your hands.
- Knead dough until smooth, adding a little more flour if too sticky, for about 5 minutes.
- Cover dough and allow to rest 10-15 minutes.
- Using your pasta machine, begin rolling small pieces of dough starting at the thickest setting and gradually working toward a thinner setting (number 6 on my machine). I don't use the very thinnest setting. Then cut into desired strips (I use the pasta machine to cut into fettuccini size strips).
- Continue this process until all the dough is prepared and cut.
- Alternately, you can roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness or thinner and cut as desired .
- Allow strips of dough to air dry 30 minutes or so, tossing them with a little flour so they don't stick.
- Cook in boiling salted water until tender, which is usually less time than the pre-packaged variety.
NotesI use a pasta machine for "rolling" out and cutting the dough, but this can be done by hand also. These are delicious and worth the time and trouble of making them.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More