- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: Approximately 12 -15
- Preparation Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup half and half (or canned milk)
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups shredded or flaked coconut
- ½ to 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- Stir sugar, half and half, egg yolks and butter together in medium sized sauce pan. Boil for about 5 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool. (If you are in a hurry, you can set pan in cold water and stir occasionally until lukewarm). Add vanilla, coconut, and pecans and stir.
- Spread on top and between layers of cake and enjoy!
NotesThis recipe came from my husbands Grandmother and has been a favorite of our whole family for many years. It is easy to make and tastes much better than the "canned" variety and there are no preservatives or additives.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More