- Cooking Time: 75 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup 100% Maple Syrup
- 1/8 cup clover honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons roasted flax seeds (can omit if you like)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced dried sweetened cranberries (you can also use mango, apples, etc)
- 1/4 cup diced dried dates
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, honey, oil, vanilla, and salt.
- Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- The granola should still be a little wet (not sopping) when you take out of the oven.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add cranberries and dates and mix until evenly distributed.
NotesI was watching the Cooking Channel one day and their I saw Bobby Flay making a delightful Granola. He was using a variety of ingredients and I decided, I am going to try it!
I didn't like some of the items he puts in it, so I decided I could alter it to make it my own! Boy did it come out yummy. I now have to make this every weekend for my husband to munch on throughout the week!
I hope you enjoy!