- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6 cups
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. In a large saucepan, set over medium heat, combine the oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and almonds. Pour the warm oil and honey mixture into the oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on two 12 by 17- inch rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring several times, until the granola is a deep golden brown. Cool completely before adding the dried fruit and chocolate. Store in an airtight container up to 3 weeks.
NotesEasy to make, customizable to any taste.