- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh ground chuck
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans stewed Italian tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of water
- 8 oz. (1/2 box) of elbow macaroni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese garnish
- Saute the onions in olive oil until translucent, then add the garlic a cook for a minute more.
- Brown the ground beef in the same skillet with the onions and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and water to the skillet and bring to a boil; add the uncooked macaroni, salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Cook, covered, over med-low heat, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
NotesI'm really trying to stay away from prepacked mixes because of all the additives involved. This skillet dish is a great alternative to the box mix and can be cooked up just as quickly. Various internet sources gave me the idea to concoct my own version and it was devoured very quickly and no complaints.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Naked Macaron
Christmas CookiesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More