- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryI'm really trying to stay away from prepacked mixes because of all the additives involved. This skillet dish is a great alternative to the box mix and can be cooked up just as quickly. Various internet sources gave me the idea to concoct my own version and it was devoured very quickly and no complaints.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh ground chuck
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans stewed Italian tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of water
- 8 oz. (1/2 box) of elbow macaroni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese garnish
- Saute the onions in olive oil until translucent, then add the garlic a cook for a minute more.
- Brown the ground beef in the same skillet with the onions and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and water to the skillet and bring to a boil; add the uncooked macaroni, salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Cook, covered, over med-low heat, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYsSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More