- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 76 2-Tbsp
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 vanilla beans
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 24 oz high-quality semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 9 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Dutch process cocoa
- Split and scrape vanilla beans and place in a large bowl or jar with the sugar. Work seeds into the sugar with your fingers. Bury the pods under the sugar. Cover tightly and let stand overnight (or up to months–vanilla sugar keeps forever) at room temperature.
- In a food processor fitted with metal blade, process semisweet chocolate and dark chocolate until finely ground, using 4-second pulses. Process in batches, if necessary (I started out with large bars so I first processed the chocolate using the grater attachment and then switched to the blade.)
- Remove pod from sugar. Add ground chocolate and cocoa powder to sugar and whisk to blend, making sure to combine well. Store mix airtight at room temperature for up to six months.
- To prepare:
- Heat 8 oz milk (per person) in small saucepan over medium heat until scalded. Whisk in 1-2 Tbsp mix (per person).
NotesA rich and chocolatey addition to your holiday gift baskets.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More