- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryThe best chocolate chip cookies plus the creamiest vanilla bean ice cream combine to make a fun, homemade dessert.
- 2 dozen of your favorite chocolate chip cookies
- ½ – 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Add-ons of your choice (sprinkles, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, etc.)
- 1. Make the ice cream and bake the cookies. Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to soften.
- 2. Turn one cookie over and place one (for a thin ice cream layer) or two (for a thicker ice cream layer) scoops of the ice cream onto the bottom of the cookie.
- 3. Place another cookie (right-side-up) on top of the ice cream and squeeze them together a bit to push the ice cream to the edges. Roll the edges in sprinkles, chocolate chips or nuts. Eat immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag to eat later. (I personally think ice cream sandwiches are best eaten when they are freshly assembled.)
- *Note 1: I made slightly smaller cookies than I normally do with the Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I made them 1.5 ounces each and got 24 cookies out of the batch.
- *Note 2: If you are in the chocolate cake/wafer camp for ice cream sandwiches, you might want to try using the cookie part of the Homemade Oreo Cookies (they will soften after stored in an airtight container).