- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of cornstarch
- 6 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (such as Eagle Brand)
- 1 12oz can of Evaporated milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Pint carton of whipping cream
- 1 Pint carton of half-and-half
- Mix the sugar and cornstarch. Mix well to avoid cornstarch clumps.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well and pour into a 6 quart ice cream freezer. Add whole milk to the fill line. (You won't be adding very much whole milk as this mixture nearly fills the canister!)
- Add ice and rock salt and freeze until mixer stops. Remove dasher immediately to prevent from freezing. Pack towels over top to maintain until ready to serve. WOW! Enjoy!!
NotesAs family birthdays approach, or any family holiday or celebration, I always think of homemade ice cream. As a child, that was always the ultimate treat, and it just sort of stuck with me! Everyone always enjoys it, and, since there are usually around 10-12 of us who gather, there's little if any left over!
**please know that this recipe contains raw eggs
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More