- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAs family birthdays approach, or any family holiday or celebration, I always think of homemade ice cream. As a child, that was always the ultimate treat, and it just sort of stuck with me! Everyone always enjoys it, and, since there are usually around 10-12 of us who gather, there's little if any left over!
**please know that this recipe contains raw eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of cornstarch
- 6 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (such as Eagle Brand)
- 1 12oz can of Evaporated milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Pint carton of whipping cream
- 1 Pint carton of half-and-half
- Mix the sugar and cornstarch. Mix well to avoid cornstarch clumps.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well and pour into a 6 quart ice cream freezer. Add whole milk to the fill line. (You won't be adding very much whole milk as this mixture nearly fills the canister!)
- Add ice and rock salt and freeze until mixer stops. Remove dasher immediately to prevent from freezing. Pack towels over top to maintain until ready to serve. WOW! Enjoy!!