HOMEMADE ICE CREAM
Homemade Ice Cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of cornstarch
- 6 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (such as Eagle Brand)
- 1 12oz can of Evaporated milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Pint carton of whipping cream
- 1 Pint carton of half-and-half
Mix the sugar and cornstarch. Mix well to avoid cornstarch clumps.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well and pour into a 6 quart ice cream freezer. Add whole milk to the fill line. (You won't be adding very much whole milk as this mixture nearly fills the canister!)
Add ice and rock salt and freeze until mixer stops. Remove dasher immediately to prevent from freezing. Pack towels over top to maintain until ready to serve. WOW! Enjoy!!
**please know that this recipe contains raw eggs