HOMEMADE INSTANT OATMEAL GRANOLA BARS
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Granola Bars
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 (plus cooling time)
- 3 punches of Better Oats Instant Oatmeal (mix and match which ever flavors you choose, I used 2 pouches of Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and 1 pouch of Apples and Cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 TB butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup craisins (or raisins)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350' F. Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
On a baking sheet, combine the oatmeal, nuts and coconut. Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes until lightly browned
Put the toasted goodies in a medium bowl. Reduce the oven temperature to 300'F.
In a small saucepan, combine the butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat, while stirring. Cook and stir for a minute. Pour mixture over the toasted oat mixture. Stir in the craisins and chocolate chips.
Pour mixture into your prepared 8x8 baking dish and press evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool for a few hours...2 or 3, then cut into serving sizes.
Store at room temperature. I cut mine into 8 rectangles and wrapped them individually in wax paper to store so they wouldn't stick together.
Website Credit: http://peacefulcooking.blogspot.com/2012/12/granola-bars-and-smoothie.html