- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis one is from that friend I told you about whose family was from Mexico. You know, the one whose father was a chef. This aromatic fresh bread tastes is to die for with the Italian Balsamic Oil & Vinaigrette Dip recipe in my kitchen!
Caution: This recipe requires some serious shoulder and arm strength and multitasking abilities.
- 1 pkg yeast
- 2 oz. warm water
- 3 ¼ cup bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp or more dried dill
- 1 tsp or more dried rosemary (you can substitute dill and/or rosemary with your favorite dried herbs)
- 8 oz. water
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Add 1 pkg yeast into 2 oz. warm water. Meanwhile, sift 3 ¼ cup bread flour with 2 tsp salt.
- Add about ¼ cup dried onion flakes and 1 tsp each of dried dill or rosemary (you can add more than 1 tsp of each herb; you can also substitute rosemary and dill with your favorite dried herbs). Add 8 oz. water and 4 tsp olive oil to yeast and water mixture.
- Mix all wet and dry ingredients together. Knead dough with fists. Place in greased glass bowl (must be glass). Let stand for minimum of 2 hours. Repeat kneading action. Fluff dough and place in larger glass bowl. Let stand about 2-3 more hours until size doubles.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape and place on lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Lower temperature to 300 degrees and bake for additional 25-30 minutes.