- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs pork shoulder, lean and fat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 C cold water
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 t minced fresh sage
- 1 t freshly ground pepper
- 1 t hot sauce
- 1/2 t grated nutmeg
- Place the cubed pork on a plate and freeze 10 minutes to firm it up.
- Tranfer pork to bowl of a food processor, in batches if necessary; pulse until pork is coarsely chopped in pea sized pieces.
- Transfer pork to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Using hands, combine ingredients until well blended. Refrigerate until needed, up to 3 days.
- When ready to cook, shape into 12-16 equal sized patties about 1/2 inch thick. Eat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches if necessary, until well browned, about 5 minutes; turn. Cook 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
NotesI wanted to use some of the fresh sage in my garden, so I made this with some leftover ground turkey. Results were tasty if a bit dry. I bet its wonderful with fatty pork!!
138 cal, 6 g fat, 4 g carb, 17 g protein, 50 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, O fiber, 39% of calories from fat
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More