- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs pork shoulder, lean and fat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 C cold water
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 t minced fresh sage
- 1 t freshly ground pepper
- 1 t hot sauce
- 1/2 t grated nutmeg
- Place the cubed pork on a plate and freeze 10 minutes to firm it up.
- Tranfer pork to bowl of a food processor, in batches if necessary; pulse until pork is coarsely chopped in pea sized pieces.
- Transfer pork to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Using hands, combine ingredients until well blended. Refrigerate until needed, up to 3 days.
- When ready to cook, shape into 12-16 equal sized patties about 1/2 inch thick. Eat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches if necessary, until well browned, about 5 minutes; turn. Cook 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
NotesI wanted to use some of the fresh sage in my garden, so I made this with some leftover ground turkey. Results were tasty if a bit dry. I bet its wonderful with fatty pork!!
138 cal, 6 g fat, 4 g carb, 17 g protein, 50 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, O fiber, 39% of calories from fat
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More