- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- For the cookie dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter, preferably Skippy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- For the filling:
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, preferably Skippy
- 3 1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar.
- For cookie dough: preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside. Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and beat at medium speed for 4 minutes, scraping down bowl twice.
- At low speed, add eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until well mixed, frequently scraping down bowl. Add oats, and mix well. (Erin’s Note: Very important! Chill the batter for up to one hour before baking).
- Using an ice cream scoop 2 inches in diameter, place balls of dough on parchment-lined baking sheets at least three inches apart. Bake until cookies have spread and turned very light golden brown, about 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool and firm up, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely before filling.
- For filling: using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar until very smooth.
- To assemble cookies, spread a thick layer on underside of a cookie. Sandwich with another cookie. Repeat.
NotesAs an unabashed peanut butter addict who frequently can be caught eating spoonfuls of the sweet and salty goop directly from the jar I am by default also a fan of Nutter Butter cookies. This recipe caught my eye quite some time ago and I found it yesterday while browsing through my extensive collection of recipes that I’ve saved on delicious.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cartier CreationsSee More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More