HOMEMADE PANCAKE RECIPE - CHIEFTAIN PANCAKES WITH GOLDEN GOLDEN SYRUP
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30
- Dry ingredients
- • 200g plain flour
- • 40g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster sugar
- • 1 rounded tsp baking powder
- • Pinch of salt
- Wet ingredients
- • 45g melted, unsalted butter
- • 350 ml milk
- • 2 large eggs, beaten
- • ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- 2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- 3. Heat a frying pan on high heat until little beads of water run all over the surface. If they skip over the edge your pan is too hot – turn it down.
- 4. Melt a little pat of butter in the pan and smear it round with a kitchen towel so the pan is evenly coated. Too much fat in the pan and you’ll be frying the pancakes.
- 5. Pour your mixture into the pan until it reaches a diameter of roughly 10 cm.
- 6. When you see little bubbles popping on top of the pancake it’s time to flip them over. The other side will take about half the time to be done.
- 7. Continue making the pancakes like this until you have a healthy sized stack. If you have extras you can freeze them and cook them in the toaster at a later date for a healthy snack.
- 8. Sauce with Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
NotesThey stand up to the full-on taste of Lyle’s Golden Syrup pretty well. A large stack of them will form the basis of a nutritious and restorative breakfast.