- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp granulated or packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 teaspon salt
- margarine or shortening
- Beat egg in medium bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except margarine just until smooth. For thinner pancakes, stir in additional 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375 degrees. Grease griddle with margarine if necessary. (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.)
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter from cup or pitcher onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancake until puffed and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
Get Fit With Good Food!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More