- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp granulated or packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 teaspon salt
- margarine or shortening
- Beat egg in medium bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except margarine just until smooth. For thinner pancakes, stir in additional 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375 degrees. Grease griddle with margarine if necessary. (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.)
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter from cup or pitcher onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancake until puffed and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More