- Cooking Time: 4hr 15 min
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- * 1/4 cup rainbow peppercorns
- * 1 gallon cold water
- * 1 cup kosher salt
- * 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- * 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- * 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- * 3 tablespoons pickling spice
- * 3 bay leaves
- * 1 (5-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
In a coffee grinder, add the peppercorns and grind until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
In a large stock pot add all the brine ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let cool. Add the brisket to the brine and refrigerate overnight.( I let it brine for 36 hours.) Make sure your meat is totally covered with brine. Remove the brisket from the brine and pat dry. Cover liberally with the peppercorns.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
On a sheet pan with a rack, arrange the brisket on the rack and roast until fork tender, about 4 hours. Remove to a cutting board and slice. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.