- Cooking Time: 4hr 15 min
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryI was looking for a nitrate-free recipe. I found this wonderful recipe.
- * 1/4 cup rainbow peppercorns
- * 1 gallon cold water
- * 1 cup kosher salt
- * 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- * 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- * 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- * 3 tablespoons pickling spice
- * 3 bay leaves
- * 1 (5-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- In a coffee grinder, add the peppercorns and grind until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- In a large stock pot add all the brine ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let cool. Add the brisket to the brine and refrigerate overnight.( I let it brine for 36 hours.) Make sure your meat is totally covered with brine. Remove the brisket from the brine and pat dry. Cover liberally with the peppercorns.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- On a sheet pan with a rack, arrange the brisket on the rack and roast until fork tender, about 4 hours. Remove to a cutting board and slice. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More