- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafer or graham cracker crumbs
- 1 pound chocolate of your choice: white, milk, semi-sweet, bittersweet
- Melt butter.
- Add corn syrup or honey, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir until well combined. Stir in confectioner’s sugar and cookie crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Melt 12 ounces of chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate, stir until smooth.
- If necessary, return to heat briefly to melt remaining chocolate bits.
- Chocolate should be thick and smooth.
- Line mini-muffin tin with paper liners. Spoon a generous teaspoon of melted chocolate into each cup.
- Drop a slightly rounded teaspoon of peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate.
- Cover with more chocolate. Place in refrigerator until set.
- Store cool and dry.
- Yields 24 peanut butter cups.
NotesSome things just together, like chocolate and peanut butter. It's definitely one of my favorite combinations, which is why I love this candy recipe so much. Some people would say "why make your own when you can buy peanut butter cups inexpensively?", but as a cook there's just something so satisfying about knowing I can make them myself.
You can use either smooth or chunky peanut butter and dark, milk or white chocolate - whatever suits your fancy. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More