- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafer or graham cracker crumbs
- 1 pound chocolate of your choice: white, milk, semi-sweet, bittersweet
- Melt butter.
- Add corn syrup or honey, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir until well combined. Stir in confectioner’s sugar and cookie crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Melt 12 ounces of chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate, stir until smooth.
- If necessary, return to heat briefly to melt remaining chocolate bits.
- Chocolate should be thick and smooth.
- Line mini-muffin tin with paper liners. Spoon a generous teaspoon of melted chocolate into each cup.
- Drop a slightly rounded teaspoon of peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate.
- Cover with more chocolate. Place in refrigerator until set.
- Store cool and dry.
- Yields 24 peanut butter cups.
NotesSome things just together, like chocolate and peanut butter. It's definitely one of my favorite combinations, which is why I love this candy recipe so much. Some people would say "why make your own when you can buy peanut butter cups inexpensively?", but as a cook there's just something so satisfying about knowing I can make them myself.
You can use either smooth or chunky peanut butter and dark, milk or white chocolate - whatever suits your fancy. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Naked Macaron
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More