- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 1 cup
- Preparation Time: 4
- 2 cups roasted, shelled unsalted peanuts (without red skins)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (optional)
- Place peanuts in a food processor. Blend continuously for 2 or 3 minutes. The ground peanuts will form a ball which will slowly disappear. If necessary, stop machine and scrape sides of container with a rubber spatula. Continue to process until mixture becomes spreadable. Add peanut oil if needed to make it sufficiently spreadable.
- For Crunchy:
- When desired consistency has been reached, stir in 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts for crunchy style peanut butter.
- Place mixture in a tightly closed container and store in the refrigerator. During storage, oil may rise to the top; if this occurs, stir before using.
NotesHomemade is always better. Can add a little honey or surgar if you want a sweet peanut butter. Or add spice or flavorings to make up your own new kind. Salt is up to you!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More