- Cooking Time: 25 - 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz can whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups half-half
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, canned tomatoes, celery, onion; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a blender or a food processor, puree mixture in small batches until mixture is pureed.
- In same pan, cook fresh tomatoes in butter about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the half and half.
- Over low heat, cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in broth mixture and sugar.
- Heat through, do not boil.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More