- Cooking Time: 25 - 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz can whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups half-half
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, canned tomatoes, celery, onion; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a blender or a food processor, puree mixture in small batches until mixture is pureed.
- In same pan, cook fresh tomatoes in butter about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the half and half.
- Over low heat, cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in broth mixture and sugar.
- Heat through, do not boil.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More