- Cooking Time: 25 - 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz can whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups half-half
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, canned tomatoes, celery, onion; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a blender or a food processor, puree mixture in small batches until mixture is pureed.
- In same pan, cook fresh tomatoes in butter about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the half and half.
- Over low heat, cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in broth mixture and sugar.
- Heat through, do not boil.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More