- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4cup veg oil(plus addt'l for frying tortilla strips)
- 6 corn tortillas(cut into thin strips)
- 6cups chicken broth
- 3cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes(chopped & w/juice), 1 can cream-style corn
- 2tsp cumin
- 2tsp Kosher salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2cups shredded American cheese
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro;
- In a small skillet, heat about 1/2 inch of oil over medium-high heat. Add half of tortilla strips and fry until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Repeat w/rest of strips. In lrg, saucepan, combine broth, chicken, tomatoes, corn, cumin, salt, pepper, & garlic. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in half of cheese & half of tortilla strips. Ladle into bowls. Garnish w/remaining cheese, tortilla strips, & cilantro. Serve & Enjoy!
NotesI sorta came up with this one on my own after going to one of my favorite restaurants in San Antonio. I was probably thinking about it too much, but I was just like 'I could make this!' So I went home and I just started playing around with some ingredients and vuala! It is soooo good and very healthy. Hope you enjoy it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More