- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (virgin olive, coconut, or sesame oil)
- Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon running honey (optional)
- 10-15 drops fragrance made for skin usage or safe essential oils of your choice (optional)
- NOTE: if you choose to use essential oils, remember that citrus essential oils (lemon, orange, grapefruit, mandarin, but also lemongrass) are photosensitive, so you shouldn't go into the sun for 6 hours following their use
- Mix all ingredients and use
- Put the leftover scrub in a sterilized jar and refrigerate for up to a month.
NotesBrown sugar is softer than white sugar, and smoothes the skin more than salt. The tub or shower may be slippery with sugar granules falling on the ceramic or tiles, so be careful.