- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 potatoes per person (4-5 people usually)
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 T butter, or I also like the yogurt spreads
- 1 t celery salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 C instant mashed potato flakes
- Scrub the potatoes well because the skins are staying on. Cut the potatoes into largish chunks (1” or so).
- Chop onion into whatever size you like. Saute til translucent in half the butter, in a large soup pot.
- Put the potatoes, milk and water to cover well in the pot. Add the celery salt, and generous amounts of salt and pepper.
- Bring just to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer. When the potatoes are tender, add the flakes and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Just before serving melt the last bit of butter on top.
- That’s it! Serve with the cornbread muffins from My Recipes.
NotesI hate creamy soups and celery and this is how my mom has always made potato soup so it is perfect to me. Not much to it but so comforting at the same time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More