- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1/4 c. crushed saltine crackers
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (1 lb.) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 oz.) jar pimientos, drained and chopped
- 1 c. cold milk
- 1 c. grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook bacon 'til crisp; remove from skillet. Combine 2 Tb. bacon fat with 1/4 c. cracker crumbs; set aside for topping.
- Cook onion in remaining bacon drippings 'til tender.
- Add remaining crumbs; mix and brown lightly.
- Combing onion-crumb mixture with eggs, corn, pimientos, milk, cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Pour into greased shallow 1 1/2 qt. casserole. Top with reserved crumbs.
- Bake in 350º oven about 45 min.
NotesDouble this recipe!! It is sooooo good!! I have been making this recipe forever!! Or so it would seem!! The first time I had this wonderful corn recipe I was still living at home. This came from a Farm Journal Vegetable cookbook!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More