- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29 oz can white hominy
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Saute ground beef and onion in skillet. Transfer meat and onion to casserole dish; add hominy, Rotel tomatoes, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper mix well.
3. Cover casserole dish with lid or aluminum foil.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Nutrition based on 6 servings:
473 calories, 29 grams fat, 25 grams carbs, 26 grams protein, 4 grams fiber.
You could improve the calorie and fat count by using lean ground beef and low fat cheese as I did.
Serves 6 to 8 (I made half a pan with a 15 oz can hominy).