- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29 oz can white hominy
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Saute ground beef and onion in skillet. Transfer meat and onion to casserole dish; add hominy, Rotel tomatoes, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper mix well.
- 3. Cover casserole dish with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Nutrition based on 6 servings:
- 473 calories, 29 grams fat, 25 grams carbs, 26 grams protein, 4 grams fiber.
- You could improve the calorie and fat count by using lean ground beef and low fat cheese as I did.
NotesAs you can see from the picture, its not exactly a pretty dish, but it sure tastes good! This came from the Ft. Worth Star Telegram, not sure if the feature was cooking from the can or "so easy a man could make". Next time I might add some diced green pepper for color. Also, I did add some creole seasoning to the dish as I was not quite sure where the "creole" was in the dish.
Serves 6 to 8 (I made half a pan with a 15 oz can hominy).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More