- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18+ Cupcakes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 cup of butter, softened but still cool
- 2 large eggs
- Beat eggs until smooth and fluffy.
- Bring honey to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Then slowly add the eggs into the boiling honey while constantly whisking the honey-egg mixture quickly.
- When done, move to an electric stand mixer and whip at high speed for about 5-7 minutes- it should be thick and cool.
- Cream butter in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in honey mixture until throughly mixed.
- If it looks curdled, just keep beating it, and possibly add in a bit of sifted powdered sugar. It may also require some refrigeration.
NotesA very sweet, very tasty frosting! It's a little tricky sometimes, but it's well worth the effort! You can use any kind of honey you like, we keep some on hand from Seven Sisters Honey ( http://www.sevensistershoney.com )
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More