- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18+ Cupcakes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 cup of butter, softened but still cool
- 2 large eggs
- Beat eggs until smooth and fluffy.
- Bring honey to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Then slowly add the eggs into the boiling honey while constantly whisking the honey-egg mixture quickly.
- When done, move to an electric stand mixer and whip at high speed for about 5-7 minutes- it should be thick and cool.
- Cream butter in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in honey mixture until throughly mixed.
- If it looks curdled, just keep beating it, and possibly add in a bit of sifted powdered sugar. It may also require some refrigeration.
NotesA very sweet, very tasty frosting! It's a little tricky sometimes, but it's well worth the effort! You can use any kind of honey you like, we keep some on hand from Seven Sisters Honey ( http://www.sevensistershoney.com )
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More