- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1 / 3 cups warm water (100o to 110oF)
- 2 envelopes FLEISCHMANN’S Active Dry Yeast
- 1 / 3 cup honey
- 1 / 4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup bread flour
- 2 to 2-1 / 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Place 1 / 2 cup warm water in large bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add remaining water, honey, oil, salt, and 1 cup bread flour. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; remove to lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Beginning at short end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place, seam side down in greased
- 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375oF for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
NotesI like to bake bread but don't always succeed. This is a great recipe, few ingrediants, basic techniques and soooo delicious. Sure to get rave reviews from your fans! My daughter says it's perfect toasted and slathered with peanut butter.
The honey for the recipe was homegrown and came from my oldest daughter's bees- just for that extra special touch!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
NFPG Recipe Collection
Italy or BustSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More