- Cooking Time: 20-30 min
- Servings: 70-80 meatballs
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the milk and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Add the onions, salt, bread crumbs, ground beef, ground pork and mix well.
- Shape into one inch balls and set aside on wax paper.
- Once meatballs have been shaped, transfer to a large baking dish and bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain fat.
- Honey Garlic Sauce:
- Heat butter in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the honey and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs.
- Stir gently (to prevent breaking up the meatballs) to coat.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until glazed.
- Place on a serving platter.
NotesThis recipe is great for parties, holidays or any occasion. It's a tradition with our family that one of us will bring these meatballs for whatever event we may have.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Fueling a FirehouseSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More