- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- Cream butter, honey and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add flour one cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
- If mixture becomes to stiff, knead in remaining flour by hand. Add in nuts.
- Pat dough into shortbread mold or ungreased 9-inch iron skillet. Score the surface to make 16 pie shaped triangles so shortbread may be divided for serving. With a fork, prick deeply into the scores.
- Bake at 300°F 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cut into wedges while warm, and serve.
- Eat with tea or for dessert.
Notes“We lived for honey. We swallowed a spoonful in the morning to wake us up and one at night to put us to sleep. We took it with every meal to calm the mind, give us stamina, and prevent fatal disease. We swabbed ourselves in it to disinfect cuts or heal chapped lips. It went in our baths, our skin cream, our raspberry tea and biscuits. Nothing was safe from honey. In one week my skinny arms and legs began to plump out and the frizz in my hair turned to silken waves. August said honey was the ambrosia of the gods and the shampoo of the goddesses.” -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More