- Cooking Time: 85
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 (16 ounce) package walnuts (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo, thawed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) jar honey
- 1 (16 ounce ) package of bacon, fried crisp
- In large bowl of food processor, add walnuts, bacon, sugar, and cinnamon. Pulse until walnuts and bacon are chopped; set aside. (Be sure to fry the bacon to a crispy stage. Then it will chop up finely and evenly.)
- Cut phyllo into 13" by 9" rectangles. In greased 13" by 9" baking dish, place 1 phyllo sheet; brush with melted butter. Repeat with phyllo and butter to make 5 more layers, overlapping any small strips of phyllo to make rectangles, if necessary.
- Over phyllo in baking dish, sprinkle 1 cup walnut mixture.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more layers (4 layers total). Place remaining phyllo on top of last walnut layer; brush with butter.
- With sharp knife, cut just halfway through layers in triangle or diamond pattern.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat honey until hot but not boiling. Evenly spoon hot honey over hot baklava.
- Cool Baklava in dish on wire rack at least 1 hour; cover with foil and let stand at room temperature until serving.
- To serve, finish cutting, with a sharp knife, through layers to make triangles or diamonds.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesBaklava is a Mediterranean dessert made with Phyllo dough, nuts, butter, and sugar. After baking to perfection, a sweet syrup is immediately poured over the pieces allowing the syrup to be absorbed into the layers.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Koken met OmaSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More