- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 minute
- For the chicken:
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- splash of lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Italian seasoning
- Lawry's season salt
- For the Potatoes
- 10 Petite Red potatoes cut in small cubes 1/4"
- Olive Oil- Robust
- Coarse Sea salt
- PAM cooking spray olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Start with potatoes- lightly coat bottom of a dark 9x13 pan with robust olive oil, a sprinkling of rosemary and salt. Toss/stir the cubed potatoes soaking up as much of the olive oil mixture but leaving enough so the potatoes don't stick to the bottom. Lightly coat with more coarse salt, pepper & rosemary. Place in oven and stir/toss every 15 minutes for 45 minutes- serve.
- At 20 minutes left on potatoes: Trim the fat/grossness off the chicken. In a small saucepan heat the honey, bourbon, lemon, salt until bubbling. Place the chicken in a sautee pan over medium heat coated with olive oil or spray Pam olive oil. Baste chicken with honey bourbon mixture. Sprinkle chicken with season salt and italian seasoning. Cook 3-4 minutes and turn. Baste and season again and cook 3-4 minutes and turn. Be careful of honey mixture caramelizing and turning black- less heat more time is better. Cover the pan between turning to keep moist. Total cooking time 10-15 minutes. If sauce turns black- dump and pour remaining mixture in pan and temporarily remove from heat. To cool add some more bourbon then return to lower heat. Serve. You can use the remaining liquid from the chicken pan for sauce. Yum.
NotesThis was my Valentine's dinner for my husband who's a very picky eater. He raved about it while eating it. I think it was pretty fab too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More