- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix 3/4 vegetable oil
- 4 eggs 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put cake mix, oil, eggs, and sour cream in large mixing bowl.
- Stir by hand approximately 50 strokes or until most large clumps are gone.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into an ungreased glass 9x13 cake pan.
- Mix the brown sugar, raisins, nuts, and the cinnamon, sprinkle on top of batter in the cake pan.
- Pour the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar mixture.
- Swirl the cake batter with a butter knife.
- Bake at 325F for 40 minutes.
- Pour icing over top of cake while still fairly hot.
- To Make Icing: Whisk together until smooth the confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla. Use right away to ice warm cake
NotesI usually don't like cake mixes; but this is good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More