HONEY BUN CAKE
- 1 (18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix 3/4 vegetable oil
- 4 eggs 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Put cake mix, oil, eggs, and sour cream in large mixing bowl.
Stir by hand approximately 50 strokes or until most large clumps are gone.
Pour 1/2 of batter into an ungreased glass 9x13 cake pan.
Mix the brown sugar, raisins, nuts, and the cinnamon, sprinkle on top of batter in the cake pan.
Pour the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar mixture.
Swirl the cake batter with a butter knife.
Bake at 325F for 40 minutes.
Pour icing over top of cake while still fairly hot.
To Make Icing: Whisk together until smooth the confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla. Use right away to ice warm cake