- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 45
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp sherry (I don't own "cooking sherry" so I used some fruit syrup - cherry in this case, the internet said apple cider would sub good too).
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds, ground (they come in a pod you break open!)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns, ground
- A chicken (go for free range, veg fed, organic if you want) cut up
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 390
- Warm the honey, stir in the sherry(or whatever), cardamom and peppercorns
- Place marinade and chicken in a large bowl (or bag), coat chicken and let sit at room temp for about 30min to an hour. (IMPORTANT, chicken should be room temp when you coat - otherwize honey mixture will harden and be hard to coat. It happened with me - I added some water and then, when baking, melted the honey "candy" in the bottom of the cast iron pan I baked the chicken in.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan at medium high heat. (I used a separate pan to sear the chicken then placed chicken in cast iron pan)
- Sear the chicken, skin side down, until golden
- Place lemon slices in the roasting pan (cast iron skillet)
- Lay the chicken pieces on top.
- Brush with the marinade.
- Season generously ith salt and pepper (I forgot to do this, it was still great)
- Place in the oven and bake until done (I did another 45 minutes)
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 min before serving
- Pour out drippings into gravy boat for gravy (if desired).
- PS I find you've done this to skinless boneless breast of chicken I will hunt you down
NotesSimply Recipes... I got fresh Honey from Stacy McKenna Seip (and Eain) for Christmas and looked for recipes with honey. I was skeptical at first. I'm not a sweets and meat kinda person. And I love basic chicken so... as I say, skeptical. BUT... it's really really good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More