- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 1 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20
- Muffins Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 medium (1 cup) carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, sugar, carrots, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, eggs and vanilla just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined 12-cup muffin pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Melt honey and 2 tablespoons butter in 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat (3 to 4 minutes). While still warm, dip muffin tops into honey mixture.
NotesThese tender muffins are delicious served warm for breakfast, lunch or with a bowl of soup.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More