- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup minced shallots (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 2 (28-ounce) cans baked beans (I prefer Bush's)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots; saute 4 minutes or until golden. Add cumin and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Add tomato puree and oil, and cook for 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add honey and the next 5 ingredients (through chiles). Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine beans and shallot mixture in a 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 300F for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More