- Cooking Time: 9 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10-15min
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2c+/- White Wine or Tarragon Vinegar (I used both)
- 3-4tblsp Grey Poupon
- 2-3tblsp Honey
- 3-4cloves Garlic, crushed
- Salt & Pepper
- 2c uncooked Rice
- 1c baby or sliced Carrots
- THE NIGHT BEFORE or THAT MORNING:
- Loosen skin around chicken and put it in the Crockpot.
- Mix together wine/vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Pour into and over chicken in crock; add more wine/vinegar if need be to make 1" or so liquid at bottom of crock.
- Set on LOW and cook 6-8hrs til roasted and fall-off-the-bone tender; set aside.
- TO PREPARE RICE:
- Remove chicken from crock and strain liquid into measuring pitcher; add sufficient water to make 4 1/2c.
- Bring liquid to bowl in large saucepan w/tight-fitting lid; add rice.
- Boil and stir 5min, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20-25min til rice is done.
- Meanwhile, cook carrots in pot of boiling water til tender as you prefer.
- When rice is done, drain carrots and stir into rice, adding a pat or two of butter to fluff and taste.
- Serve chicken pieces, chunks or shreds atop rice.
NotesNo story really- I just live by either the Crockpot or the Dutch oven, and this was a crock-creation. Sounded like it'd be good- and it was!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More