- Cooking Time: 9 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10-15min
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2c+/- White Wine or Tarragon Vinegar (I used both)
- 3-4tblsp Grey Poupon
- 2-3tblsp Honey
- 3-4cloves Garlic, crushed
- Salt & Pepper
- 2c uncooked Rice
- 1c baby or sliced Carrots
- THE NIGHT BEFORE or THAT MORNING:
- Loosen skin around chicken and put it in the Crockpot.
- Mix together wine/vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Pour into and over chicken in crock; add more wine/vinegar if need be to make 1" or so liquid at bottom of crock.
- Set on LOW and cook 6-8hrs til roasted and fall-off-the-bone tender; set aside.
- TO PREPARE RICE:
- Remove chicken from crock and strain liquid into measuring pitcher; add sufficient water to make 4 1/2c.
- Bring liquid to bowl in large saucepan w/tight-fitting lid; add rice.
- Boil and stir 5min, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20-25min til rice is done.
- Meanwhile, cook carrots in pot of boiling water til tender as you prefer.
- When rice is done, drain carrots and stir into rice, adding a pat or two of butter to fluff and taste.
- Serve chicken pieces, chunks or shreds atop rice.
NotesNo story really- I just live by either the Crockpot or the Dutch oven, and this was a crock-creation. Sounded like it'd be good- and it was!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Layered Chocolate Cake
Cullen SkinkSee More