- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- Stir sugar, honey and milk till sugar dissolves.
- Cook to soft-ball stage (testing in cold water)
- Remove from heat, drop in butter
- Let cool till you can put your hands on the bottom of the pan.
- Add vanilla and nuts, and beat until creamy.
- Pour into buttered pan and score into squares while warm.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by a sweet old lady about 18 years ago (I was 16 years old then!)
She knew I had a sweet tooth, and told me that this recipe was passed down from way back (1930's).
My family (kids)love honey and they enjoy this!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Gluten-Free and Delicious
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More