- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is meant to be served as an appetizer with toothpicks but I'm sure with the right kind of glaze or sauce, it would taste wonderful over rice. This is a Cooking Light Recipe.
serving size: about 1 1/2 ounces
CALORIES 179(22% from fat); FAT 4.4g (sat 1g,mono 1.4g,poly 1.2g); IRON 1.1mg; CHOLESTEROL 76mg; CALCIUM 14mg; CARBOHYDRATE 17g; SODIUM 430mg; PROTEIN 18.2g; FIBER 0.1g
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 16 thighs)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well. Add chicken; seal and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Arrange chicken in a single layer on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- While chicken is cooking, strain marinade through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Place marinade in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes; skim solids from surface. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; pour glaze into a large bowl.
- Preheat broiler.
- Add chicken to glaze; toss well to coat. Place chicken mixture on a jelly roll pan; broil 5 minutes or until browned, stirring twice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.