HONEY GLAZED CARROTS--MICROWAVE STYLE
- Cooking Time: 9
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a casserole, combine carrots, water, and salt. Cover.
- Microwave at High 7 to 8 minutes, or until tender, stirring after half of the cooking time. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine remaining ingredients.
- Microwave at High 45-60 seconds or until clear, thickened, and bubbly, stiring once.
- Drain carrots. Pour glaze over and toss to coat.
Notes“We ate standing in the kitchen holding paper plates, saying how much May would have liked everything." -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~Honey is the ONLY food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including water.~