- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 20
Backstory"I go back to that one moment when I stood in the driveway with small rocks and clumps of dirt around my feet and looked back at the porch. And there they were. All these mothers. I have more mothers than any eight girls off the street. They are the moons shining over me." -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole lettuce leaves
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- Toasted baguettes/bread
- Thinly slice red pepper. Sauté pepper, onion and garlic in oil 10 minutes or until onion and pepper are tender.
- Add honey, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium-high heat until glazed.
- Serve on lettuce with goat cheese and toasted bread.