- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (1 lbs) firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 3 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Lite olive oil to coat the pan
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3+ tablespoons of pure clover honey (depending on how sweet you want it- I generally use 6-8)
- Heat the olive oil in the pan, chunk the tofu and fry it in the pan.
- Add the lemon as it cooks. Add in the pepper and ginger paste at the half way cooking point of the tofu. It should start to turn golden brown at this point.
- Add in half of the honey a minute or two after you dissolve the ginger. Keep a close eye on the tofu, you want the honey to turn it a nice brown shade but not burn.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the honey to form a sauce.
- Mix well and serve over rice! It's super easy and super tasty! Don't forget the chopsticks =)
NotesTofu is one of my favorite things to cook, I like trying different ways of spicing and flavoring it- this recipe was created when I decided to make it sweet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More