- Cooking Time: 120
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups millet meal (or more oatmeal)
- 1 cup Cerelac (baby cereal)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted or raw pinch salt
- Optional: pumpkin, sunflower, pumpkin, pomegranate seeds.
- Preheat oven to 360 F.
- Bring water to a boil in a large, heavy pot.
- Take pot off the heat and add oil, honey, and vanilla sugar.
- Combine oats, millet, and Cerelac in a large bowl.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture a little at a time.
- When all the particles are covered with the honey mixture, put the pot in the oven and toast for 15 minutes. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to 275 and continue toasting, stirring every 10-15 minutes for 1.5-2 hours until granola is thoroughly toasted.
- Let cool, stir in raisins, coconut, peanuts, and salt to taste.
- Store in a tightly closed jar.
Notes“When we were so full that we needed was a nap, we went to the parlor and sat with May. The Daughters passed around a wooden bowl full of something they called manna. A salted mixture of sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, and pomegranate seeds drizzled with honey and baked to perfection. They ate it by the handfuls, saying they wouldn’t dream of sitting with the dead without eating seeds. Seeds kept the living from despair, they explained." -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~Honey never spoils.~
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Taste of CenturyLink
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More