- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- preheat oven to 350
- chop sweet potatoes with skin on into 1" chunks
- whisk together honey and olive oil
- pour honey/oil mixture over potatoes
- toss to coat
- place in baking dish (no need to add oil or spray)
- sprinkle with nutmeg (fresh is best but if you have ground that's fine too)
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes, turn over pieces 1/2 way through cooking time, check for doneness
- allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
- I also enjoy these cold right from the fridge. They have a sweet and creamy texture and the nutmeg gives it a feel of pumpkin pie when you don't have any.
- My trick is to make a batch of these over the weekend and take 1 cup (2 servings) to have as lunch at work instead of a "lean" frozen meal. It's fresher and a lot less sodium.
NotesEver try sweet potatoes? Nothing to worry about with this no-fail recipe. If you like pumpkin pie I think you will LOVE this dish... Did you know 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes with skin has only 90 calories but also packs almost 400% RDI of vitamin A. One serving also boasts 4g fiber (which most people don't get enough of), 2g protein, 30% RDI vitamin C, and 4% RDI of iron.