- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- preheat oven to 350
- chop sweet potatoes with skin on into 1" chunks
- whisk together honey and olive oil
- pour honey/oil mixture over potatoes
- toss to coat
- place in baking dish (no need to add oil or spray)
- sprinkle with nutmeg (fresh is best but if you have ground that's fine too)
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes, turn over pieces 1/2 way through cooking time, check for doneness
- allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
- I also enjoy these cold right from the fridge. They have a sweet and creamy texture and the nutmeg gives it a feel of pumpkin pie when you don't have any.
- My trick is to make a batch of these over the weekend and take 1 cup (2 servings) to have as lunch at work instead of a "lean" frozen meal. It's fresher and a lot less sodium.
NotesEver try sweet potatoes? Nothing to worry about with this no-fail recipe. If you like pumpkin pie I think you will LOVE this dish... Did you know 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes with skin has only 90 calories but also packs almost 400% RDI of vitamin A. One serving also boasts 4g fiber (which most people don't get enough of), 2g protein, 30% RDI vitamin C, and 4% RDI of iron.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More