- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c. Flour
- 1/2 c. Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. Baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. Ground lavendar flowers*
- 3/4 c. White Chocolate (chopped)
- 5 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Pure Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and ground lavendar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk butter and honey together until they are fully incorporated. Whisk the egg and almond extract into the butter and honey mixture.
- Add the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
- This will create a thick dough, similar to cookie dough. DO NOT add any extra liquid.
- Once the dough is formed, stir in the chopped white chocolate pieces.
- Press the dough into a greased pan**.
- The dough will not pour into the pan, so do not be afraid to use your hands to put the dough in place.
- Bake the blondies at 350 degrees. 25-30 minutes for a metal pan. 35-40 minutes for a glass pan. Blondies are done when the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying.
- I used a coffee grinder to make the ground lavendar flowers. If you want to leave the buds whole, that's fine too.
- I used PAM to make the pan non-stick, but I'm sure butter and flower will work just as well.
NotesThis recipe was inspired by one of my favorite places in San Francisco, Miette Patisserie, which offers treats that are elegant, tasty, and always a little girly. I love pastries that make you feel pretty, and these blondies will certainly do that. The ingredients I used were organic, but the blondies will turn out just as yummy without organic ingredients too.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More