- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick sweet Butter
- 2lg Eggs
- 1c Sour Cream
- 1/4c Buttermilk
- 1/3c Honey
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lime
- 3tblsp granulated Sugar
- 1/2c AP Flour
- 1-1/4c Cornmeal
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 2tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350deg F, and line muffin tins w/paper or grease.
- Mix together first SIX ingredients with electric mixer til well blended and smooth.
- Sift together remaining ingredients, and add a little at a time to wet mixture, beating to incorporate.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4full; bake 25min til golden.
- Cool slightly before serving.
NotesThere must be a gazillion recipes for corn muffins; I ran across this one when looking for something a little "different". The original used Lemon & its zest; I personally like Lime better, which is why I happened to have some in the frig! I made some other substitutions, like upping the sugar content; I like my cornbread SWEET, like a good Hoosier does. I also halved the recipe initially, because I only wanted to make a handful.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More