- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. scallops
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup whole grain mustard (stone ground mustard)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or fish stock
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Mix honey, garlic, mustard, and parsley in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and toss scallops in the mixture.
- Let marinate, refridgerated, for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spoon scallops into a large casserole dish or into individual casseroles for single servings.
- Add wine, top with crumbs, and dot with butter. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until scallops are firm.
NotesSea scallops are one of my favorite dishes to prepare, and they look impressive with very little work. Get them fresh if you can, but frozen scallops will be fine, as long as you thaw them well before marinating. If you can't find sea scallops, you can substitute bay scallops. You should be able to find stone ground mustard in your market, but if not you may use a good quality dijon. However, the grainy mustard is what really gives this recipe kick! This dish is fantastic with my Strawberry Spinach Salad as an accompaniment.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More