- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Honey (Orange Blossom)
- 3 cups finely grated Carrots
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- 1 small can crushed Pineapple in it's own juice (Drained)
- PreHeat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together into a large bowl: Flour, soda, salt & cinnamon.
- Add oil, honey, carrots, eggs, nuts and pineapple.
- Mix well.
- Divide between two 9 inch round cake pans that are lines with parchement.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes before runing a knife around the outside edge and turning out onto a rack to cool.
- Let cool completely.
- You may leave as 2 layers or for more of a torte effect, slice each horizontally into 2 layers making 4 total..
- Fill and frost cake with Honey Cream Cheese frosting. (See recipe)
- Decorate with chopped nuts or make mounds of orange colored cream cheese frosting on the top, chill till firm and insert small sprigs of sugared rosemary to look like planted carrots.
NotesThis has got to be the easiest cake ever. Not being a big fan of cooked raisins I opt for the crushed pineapple instead since it tends to cook down into the cake and adds great moisture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
My Family CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More