- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 kilo flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- oil for frying
- Syrup Ingredients:
- 2 teacups honey
- 1 teacup sugar
- stick of cinnamon
- 2 teacups water
- 1. Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water.
- 2. Put the flour and the salt in a bowl and gradually add the dissolved yeast mixing by hand.
- 3. Gradually add some lukewarm water until you have a paste that is neither too fluid nor too thick.
- 4. Cover the bowl with a towel and let it stand in warm water for about an hour.
- 5. When the batter doubles in size and forms "bubbles", heat plenty of oil in a pot, until it is scalding hot.
- 6. Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil and allow the loukoumades to turn golden brown.
- 7. Remove the loukoumades (honey puffs) from the oil with a slotted spoon and place them onto a plate.
- 8. In the meantime prepare the syrup : in a pot boil the honey, the sugar , the water and the cinnamon stick for about 10 minutes.
- 9. Pour the syrup over the loukoumades and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 10. Serve hot!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More