- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a great stand-by to have when you are strapped for time or the kids come home with unexpected guests... I can't stand making pastry by the way, unless i absolutely have to so normally I will just grab whatever is in the freezer section ...if you want to make your own pastry go for it ...I leave it to the experts hehehe.
- Either - 1 quantity of short crust pastry or 1 sheet of frozen pastry.
- Honey Roast Ham cut into 1/2 inch cubes enough to fill the casing.
- 2 Tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 8 eggs
- 300ml Thick or Double cream
- 1 cup grated Vintage Cheddar Cheese
- Lay out your pastry into your tart tin... making sure to be careful about not popping holes in it.(It is up to you whether you blind bake at this stage... I don't tend to because of using the frozen pastry sheets...)
- Fill the pastry case with the cubes of ham.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the ham gently.
- *It is important to remember when making egg based recipes that they will continue to cook after they come out of the oven...If this was left until there was no wobble left you would find that the egg mix would have turned hard and have air bubbles in it.
- Pulled out just before... so there is a slight wobble still in the middle it will come out and even though cooling will continue to cook just enough to set the egg in the middle.
- Cook at 200 degrees C (about 390 degrees F) for 30 minutes (or until golden on top with a gentle wobble in the middle).
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Surprise Oreo BrowniesSee More