- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- Either - 1 quantity of short crust pastry or 1 sheet of frozen pastry.
- Honey Roast Ham cut into 1/2 inch cubes enough to fill the casing.
- 2 Tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 8 eggs
- 300ml Thick or Double cream
- 1 cup grated Vintage Cheddar Cheese
- Lay out your pastry into your tart tin... making sure to be careful about not popping holes in it.(It is up to you whether you blind bake at this stage... I don't tend to because of using the frozen pastry sheets...)
- Fill the pastry case with the cubes of ham.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the ham gently.
- *It is important to remember when making egg based recipes that they will continue to cook after they come out of the oven...If this was left until there was no wobble left you would find that the egg mix would have turned hard and have air bubbles in it.
- Pulled out just before... so there is a slight wobble still in the middle it will come out and even though cooling will continue to cook just enough to set the egg in the middle.
- Cook at 200 degrees C (about 390 degrees F) for 30 minutes (or until golden on top with a gentle wobble in the middle).
NotesThis is a great stand-by to have when you are strapped for time or the kids come home with unexpected guests... I can't stand making pastry by the way, unless i absolutely have to so normally I will just grab whatever is in the freezer section ...if you want to make your own pastry go for it ...I leave it to the experts hehehe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Cooking with Sabra
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More